Are you familiar with the process when an employee notifies you they are expecting a baby? Or someone requests a period of paternity leave? Do you know how to manage a Shared Parental Leave request?
The course will provide you with all the guidance that you need to keep up to date with the latest HR and statutory guidance for all forms of child related absence.:
- Maternity Leave
- Adoption Leave
- Paternity Leave
- Shared Parental Leave
- Parental Leave
It will help you understand statutory and contractual provisions and how they apply to your school and staff to ensure that the correct actions are being taken.
The session will focus on:
- Different types of Child related absence
- Statutory and Contractual elements of maternity and other forms of leave
- How Maternity, Adoption and Shared Parental leave differ in the education sector
- Ensuring you have the knowledge to support your staff member with their Child related absence needs
At the end of the session delegates will;
- Understand the different types of Child related absence and when each type can be used
- Understand the time specific windows related to Maternity, Adoption and Shared Parental leave
- Be able to support their staff with Child related absence queries, and ensure the correct pay and leave information is given
- Be aware of the resources and support available.