This 3-hour course will look at how
to support Mental Health and Wellbeing in schools and colleges. During this session we will:
- Explore the government guidance on
embedding a whole school approach to mental health and wellbeing.
- Examine the 8 core principles to make
a whole school approach effective.
- Discuss how to promote an ethos and
environment that respects and values diversity.
- Investigate a curriculum which
promotes resilience and social and emotional learning.
- Look at how to use student voice to
build community and influence decisions.
- Consider staff development.
- Examine monitoring and evaluating the
impact of interventions.
- Discuss working with parents and
targeted support and referrals.
We will also explore a variety of
strategies that can be implemented in schools, the role of the Senior Mental
Health Lead and how to work with external agencies, including working with
Mental Health Support Teams.